40 min prep time
2 ½ lb. small potatoes, scrubbed well, leave whole
2 tbsp. safflower oil
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp. + 2 tsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Toss the scrubbed, whole potatoes with the safflower oil.
3. Arrange in a single layer on a sheet pan and bake for approx. 20 minutes (or until tender). Remove potatoes from the oven.
4. Raise the oven temperature to 425°F.
5. Leave the potatoes on the sheet pan and use a measuring cup to flatten the baked potatoes to a thickness of 1/2 inch. They should pop open on at least one side. Spread out so there is a little room around each one.
6. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
7. Bake for 12-16 minutes or until the exposed insides are golden brown.
8. Cool in the refrigerator.
9. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.