4 hour prep time
2 tbsp. sweet paprika
1-1/2 tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp. granulated garlic
1 tbsp. granulated onion
1 tbsp. smoked paprika
1 tbsp. dried oregano
2 tsp. chipotle powder
1/4 cup Kosher salt
2 racks of Mishima Reserve Beef Back Ribs
8 oz. Beecher’s Just Jack or Flagship cheese
1 cup Spicy Mushroom Aioli
1 cup cilantro
8 burger buns (preferably brioche)
1. Mix all the seasonings together in a small bowl.
2. Pat the ribs dry with paper towels.
3. If the thin membrane on the boney side of the ribs has not been removed by the butcher, gently pry it up by sliding a small, sharp knife under the membrane, lift gently, and then peel it away.
4. Rub the spice mixture liberally all over the meat of the ribs.
5. Wrap the ribs in plastic and refrigerate them overnight.
6. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
7. Place ribs on rimmed baking sheets and roast for about 35 minutes, or until they are beginning to brown in places.
8. Remove the ribs from the oven, reduce heat to 300°F, cover the pans with aluminum foil, and continue to cook until the meat is fall-off-the-bone tender, about three hours.
9. To assure proper cooking time, check the meat after two hours; the rib meat should be easily pierced between rib bones with a fork. Continue to cook if there is resistance in the meat.
10. Remove the bones from the meat, roughly chop the rib meat, and assemble the burger on your favorite bun (preferably brioche) with your preferred toppings.